Text FELINA to 76077 for Exclusive Deals
Free Shipping On Orders $80+
How To Take Care of Your Intimates
Are you one of those women who (like me) just throws your bras in the washing machine with the rest of your clothes? We’ve all been there – a lot of women don’t realize how delicate some of their intimate apparel is and most won’t take the extra steps to learn how to care for them properly. We’ve broken it down into a few simple steps based on the item of clothing you will wash.
- Hand-wash your Bras.
I know it sounds like more work, but five minutes will make all the bit of difference in extending the lifetime of your favorite bra. If you choose to take the hand-washing approach:
- First, dab any stains with easy care soap and water and gently rub.
- Soak for a few minutes in the sink and gently work the suds into the fabric. Rinse.
- Get rid of any excess water by gently folding your bra against a towel before laying it out to dry.
- If you choose to use a washing machine:
- Wash on gentle cold
- Hook your bra together to avoid it snagging on other items mid-cycle.
- Using a mesh lingerie bag can also decrease the harm caused by a washer.
NEVER put your bras in the dryer! The heat breaks down the elastic and spandex, making your bras fall apart very quickly.
Storing your bras lying flat in it’s original shape (not folded in half) is also crucial in preserving them. This way, the fabric has room to breathe and the cups will not lose its shape.
It may sound ridiculous at first, but the way you wash your underwear can also affect the fit and look of the fabric. They are called “delicates” for a reason. Some tips on how to keep your panties in mint condition:
- If you notice any stains, take off your underwear and immediately soak it in cold water – the longer you don’t, the harder the stain will be to remove. Once scrubbed out, it can be washed with other intimates later on.
- If you have the time, hand-washing your panties is as beneficial as hand-washing your bras.
- Lingerie bags are necessary for washing machine use. This keeps your intimates protected and gives them a gentler cleaning while preventing tearing, fading, and general damage.
- Use a gentle detergent but avoid fabric softener and bleach – it’s way too harsh and will damage the garment.
- Separate by fabric – while cotton is a more durable fabric, washing your silk or lace delicates with your white cotton panties will cause detrimental damage to both.
- Hang dry instead of putting them into the dryer – this will help keep its original shape and elasticity. With our Modal panties like So Smooth or Sublime, lay flat to dry to avoid losing it’s shape.
Washing your delicates probably isn’t something you think about daily, but when it goes wrong, it can go really wrong. By taking these extra precautionary measures, you can save yourself a lot of time, stress and money and always your intimates looking brand new.